- A solution is a mixture in which the particles of different substances are evenly distributed and are too small to see with the naked eye.
- A solution appears as a single substance.
- The formation of a solution is a physical change.
- The substances that make up the solution retain many of their original properties.
- When sugar is dissolved in water, its sweet taste remains.
solute is a substance that is dissolved.
- In a solution of Kool-Aid, the water is the solvent and the sugar flavoring powder is the solute.
Dental Fillings = mercury (solute) + silver (solvent)
A dilute solution describes a solution with a small amount of solute compared to the amount of solvent
- Kool-Aid with more water than flavoring.
A concentrated solution describes a solution with a large amount of solute compared to the amount of solvent.